Saturday, April 21, 2007

SPRING, AT LAST!!!!



After multiple false starts, it appears that we may have finally achieved spring in New England! It's been a rocky road: Two days we had beautiful weather, I was without my down coat, Chris and I went for a mountain bike ride. The next day it was snowing.




Now, today, I hear songbirds singing. I can see grass being less brown. I see SUNLIGHT!




To celebrate, here are some pics from Chris' and my adventures in my first ride of the season:





We decided to try one of the Rails to Trails paths that I'd been reading about. For the life of me, I can't remember where we actually ended up! It was a really beautiful path. First it started on some slightly burlier (and signifigantly muddier!) trails. I learned how to bike over snow and ice. Apparently, the best method is to speed up as much as possible, and whatever you do don't stop. This is the point we turned around: it's not the most natural setting, and it was a little jarring coming out of the woods to this. At the same time, it's such a cool thing, seeing a major overpass from underneath.


Between all the snowmelt and rain, the river was raging. In the shade, the edges of the river were still frozen. Just a beautiful day.
Speaking of which, what am I doing inside typing to you?!
I'll update later when the weather isn't quite as nice... =)


























No comments: